Race Day Transportation, Parking and Viewing Information
This is a point-to-point course starting in Santa Ynez and finishing in Solvang. The transition area for the 2-person relay is in Los Olivos. Bus transportation to the start and back is provided from two main locations to the start area; Solvang Park and Santa Ynez Valley High School There wil also be a bus leaving from the Marriott hotel in Buellton and the Doubletree Hotel in Santa Barbara.
Parking is not allowed along the race course. We recommend either parking at one of these locations or being dropped off by car in downtown Santa Ynez near the start.
Also see: Road Closures
There are parking public lots and street parking in Solvang There is also a large unpaved parking area behind the Corque Hotel (Our host Hotel and Expo location) at 400 Alisal Rd * Parking is NOT available on race day in LOT 2 next to Solvang Park Transportation is provided to the start area from Solvang Park on Mission and First St. which is near the finish area. Buses leave here every 10 minutes from 5:15am to 6:30am. Please arrive as early as possible to avoid delays.
A bus will leave the Marriott hotel at 5:30am for the start area and return from the finish area to the Marriott Hotel at 11:30am.
Parking is available at Santa Ynez Valley High School and on most streets in Santa Ynez. Buses will depart from the high school every 10 minutes from 5:30 to 6:30am. Parking will not be permitted on Sagunto St., Faraday, Meadowvale or other streets near the start area. Please be respectful of no parking signs, private property and noise ordinaces. After the race, transportation will be provided from Solvang Park back to Santa Ynez Valley High and Maverick’s on Sagunto St. Local bus transportation runs on Saturday and buses also service nearby Chumash Casino from The Corque hotel in Solvang SANTA YNEZ VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL 2975 East Hwy 246 (1 mile from start)
Buses will leave from Fess Parker’s Doubletree Inn in Santa Barbara at 5:15am for the start area The return bus to Santa Barbara will leave Solvang Park for the Doubletree at 12:00pm after the race. The bus fare is $30 per person and you must purchase seats on the bus in advance. Discounted rooms are available at the Doubletree and other Santa Barbara hotels on our travel page.
RELAY PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
Transportation will be provided from the start area to the 2-person relay transition area in Los Olivos and from Los Olivos to the finish area. After the race, transportation will also be provided from the finish area to Los Olivos Santa Ynez Valley regularly scheduled transportation also runs from Solvang to Los Olivos and Santa Ynez. See schedule below.
You may drop runners at the corner of Madera and Faraday in downtown Santa Ynez and park in nearby designated spaces. Do not park near the start area at Maverick Saloon on Sagunto and Meadowvale. For buses only!
Designated Viewing Areas
- Race Sart on Sagunto St. in Santa Ynez
- 5.8 mile mark and relay transition at Grand Ave. and Alamo Pintado in Los Olivos
- Race Finish along Copenhagen Dr. in Solvang
Absolutely NO vehicles allowed in Ballard Canyon. You may park in downtown Los Olivos and walk up Steele Rd. to Corkscrew Hill.
SATURDAY May 7th
- 5:15 to 6:30am — Transportation from Solvang Park to the start — Buses leave every 5-10 minutes (4 mile trip)
- 5:30 to 6:30am — Transportation from Santa Ynez Valley High School to the start — Buses leave every 5-10 minutes (1 mile trip)
- 5:40am — Bus leaves Marriott Hotel in Buellton
- 5:15am Bus leaves Doubletree Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 5:45am Bus leaves Bacara Resort and Spa
Note: Longhorn Café and Roasted Bean Coffee House are open at 5:30am in downtown Santa Ynez. El Rancho Market in Santa Ynez and Burger Barn in Santa Ynez open at 6:00am.
- 7:00am — Transportation from Solvang Park to relay transition area in Los Olivos
- 7:20am — Transportation from start area to Los Olivos relay transition area
- 7:30am — Transportation from start area to Solvang Park
- 8:10 & 8:30 — Transportation from Los Olivos (relay) to Finish Area
- 10:00am to 12:30 — Race transportation from Solvang Park to Santa Ynez
- 11:30am — Bus to Marriott hotel in Buellton
- Noon — Return Bus to Doubletree in Santa Barbara
Click Here for Santa Ynez Valley transit bus schedule and routes.